Friday, May 22, 2009

What we ate...

You'll be very jealous after seeing these pictures. This blog should really just be called "what Elissa and her friends ate, and when - a documentation."

My friends Leah and Sonya have an underground kitchen. Oh yes, they do. Not technically underground of course, usually held in a obliging backyard. It's called Rocket Kitchen, and they've been hosting it for several years now. With heat lamps, string lights, cloth napkins and menu's, it happens about once every other month or so (not often enough for me) and it happened again last night. About 20 of us gathered around the tables set up in the yard, picked up our menu's, cracked open the wine and drooled in anticipation.

They know how to impress, those two.

Especially with the homemade goat's milk ricotta. I've asked to be included in the cheese making process the next time. I've always wanted to learn how to do that.

I've asked Leah to write a description of Rocket Kitchen for the next post, so for now, I'll leave you to drool over the pictures.

Oh, and yes. It was as good as it looks!


The Menu


Chilled Soup of Peas and Borage with Fava Bean Toast


Aprium and Wheat Berry Salad with Little Gems


My latest Bonny Doon Wine Club shipment, 2007 Cinsault-featuring a scratch-off label!


Roasted Magruder Ranch Pork Loin with Potato and Artichoke Gratin


Homemade Goat Milk Ricotta with Strawberries, Rosemary and Honey

2 comments:

  1. Wow,this is delicious!I followed you from the foodieblogroll and I hope you wont mind if I also guide my foodista friends over to your blog here.just add this little foodista widget here to this post and it's all set to go, Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Are you ever allowed to bring a friend? Because, wow.

    ReplyDelete